Saturday, December 31, 2016

Wrapping up 2016

This year was kind of scary and traumatic. But it was also pretty amazing. Here are some of my highlights:

This year, I married the love of my life!





This year, I got my Master's Degree and wrote a 100 page thesis, made a new cat friend,


and I added to my book collection!


This year, I spent time with people I love and made memories to last a lifetime!







This year wasn't a bad year. It was scary. I lost some animal friends, and some human ones, politics got scary, and lots of artists and celebrities died. 

But so much good happened as well. On top of all the stuff I posted above, there is just so much more! My step-dad was given a clean bill of health after battling cancer for nearly three years. My beautiful sister got engaged and asked me to be her matron of honour. My other sister seems to have found her calling and has started making the most beautiful crafts! My mom is the happiest I've ever seen her. My sister and her husband, and their two beautiful kids have adjusted to a new town and their new school. My grandmother got a new nurse who is helping my family care for her as her Alzheimer's progresses. My husband started college and is doing very well. Speaking of VOMD, he and I not only got married, but we decided to pursue foster parenting! 

And in the world: the liberals beat the racism of the Conservatives under Harper; women rocked the hell out of the summer Olympics; Gay Marriage celebrated a 1 year anniversary in the United States; Leo got his Oscar (and produced an awesome documentary that might help our planet!); Gilmore Girls had a reunion; Scientists found the ALS gene; protesters in cooperation with military servicemen effectively stopped the DAPL pipeline, at least temporarily; Bernie Sanders inspired a shit ton of youth in America to get involved in politics like never before...

So much good shit.


I loved this year. It was by far the best year of my life.


Happy New Year, my friends. 

Love, 

J

No comments:

Post a Comment