Thursday, July 2, 2015

Happy Birthday Momma!

I've hinted at it before, but today I want to talk to you a little bit about why I have the best mom in the world. Almost everything I like about myself I get from my mom. I get my love for animals from my mom, my love of hard work and getting my hands dirty (she always has a vegetable garden!), my desire to live a simple life, and my ability to find the joy in every day.

No matter what happens, she can always find something to smile about, even if its just a silly joke, or a neat bird fluttering outside the window. She  is the strongest woman person that I have ever known.  Her laugh is boisterous and infectious; she is just the right amount of weird; and any time I am feeling down, she is there for me, no matter  the distance or time of day (She once drove more than an hour to see me when I was having a really bad night at 12:30 in the morning).

I struggled a lot in my youth with mental health and identity issues and no matter what the problem was my mom always listened, was always kind, supportive, and  helpful (even when I know it hurt her to have to hear what I had to say), and as I've come into adulthood my mom has become my best friend.

My  mom  is my "tell-first" person - that one person that gets to hear all my news, good or bad, before anyone else. Through ups and downs (and there have been plenty, especially recently) she has always been there for me, and for my sisters. Everyone  who knows her is so lucky to have her in their lives.

Happy Birthday, Momma. I love you so much.








No comments:

Post a Comment