Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Getting Back on Track (also: great coffee, planning another move, and a cute cat)

Spending the last few weeks with Toojoh was certainly stressful, but getting up with him every morning, feeding him, taking him to the vet, and giving him his medicine gave me a purpose for a while. I was told yesterday morning that he is going downhill quite quickly, and that he does not have much time left. I wish I could do more. It is good that he has gotten to spend his last days with him human momma, but I am sad for her that she has to see him so unwell.

In spite of this, I am trying to get back on track with the things I had set aside while caring for him. This means in the last couple days I've graded 30 final papers for my Political Theory class, edited two documents for clients, met another client for a tutoring session, written half of a report for a consultation I'm doing for a local non-profit, and written 6 pages of my thesis. Manic Johanna is on her way back! This is the upside of manic depression, the highs are so damn productive.

VOMD and I also discovered some AMAZING coffee that you can buy at Metro of all places. Its an Ontario company called Muskoka, and holy smokes is it yummy. I'm usually not a big fan of flavoured coffee - give me a nice light to medium roast, with mid to low acidity and a splash of almond milk and I'm a happy camper - but we got this maple coffee and daaaannnng it's delicious.


 My coffee photo shoot turned into a cat photo shoot. George never lets me take photos in the house without getting involved.

We're also planning our move at the end of April to a new house - one with a Drive Way! And a Back Yard! and a Basement! We're pretty excited about this new adventure and can't wait for all our animal companions to have more room to roam, especially Tobi the bunny who has been confined to one room for the last year or so. Now she'll have her own whole bunny-proofed room full of bunny toys and places to hide, and she'll have access to most of the house as well during the day while we're home so she can get her exercise and enjoy some much needed freedom.

So, some sad news and some glad news. We're working our way forward.

Happy Tuesday

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment