Friday, October 16, 2015

Stressed Grad School update!

This month is incredibly hectic, but most of it has been good so far, and there is so much more good to come! VOMD and I visited my awesome vegan sister in London on the 3rd and met her awesome vegan roommates. We went home to my parents' for Thanksgiving this past weekend, and we are headed to Halloween Haunt this coming Sunday. The next week we have a vegan potluck with some cool local vegans and then it is back to London for Halloween!

Through all of this, though, there is a specter looming over me and its name is Thesis.

Seriously, though, I am ready to be done my MA. I thought that my impostor syndrome and my fear of failure would dissipate as I got closer to completion, but this has incredibly not been the case. In fact, I am now terrified that it will not be good enough and I will not graduate. The setbacks I have faced have not helped, obviously. Loosing such a huge chunk of my research right before my final semester made things far more difficult than they needed to be. Now I have wasted the last month writing my first three chapters (which is largely theory and lit review stuff) and have only a month left to complete my final two chapters to meet my first draft deadline in November, which will include all of the actual case study stuff - of which I have yet to even locate the majority.

But, by December 14 I will be done...and then defense and revisions of course.

I am feeling a little discouraged.

But this weekend is going to be amazing, so I'm putting on my happy face.

Happy Friday!

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment