Thursday, October 1, 2015

Joy! My first Vegan Urthbox!

Today is a freaking awesome day! First, its Thursday which means that I get to go to work with VOMD and weed some gardens. I love getting my hands dirty. Read this awesome article about how bacteria in dirt makes you happy!

Sometimes when you are feeling a bit down (in my case...the down was caused by people be racist all over my Facebook feed...damn Facebook) the universe sends you exactly what you need to pick up up again. In my case, the universe sent me snacks...so many snacks. Thank you universe (...or credit card).

VOMD loves snacks, and unfortunately, his love for snacks is rubbing off on me a little. We recently subscribed to Urthbox to indulge our addiction and is it ever awesome!

Here is our first Urthbox:


They fit a surprising amount into this tiny box. I was prepared to be disappointed when I saw how small it was when I picked it up from the post office yesterday, but disappointed I was not!My conclusion is that Mary Poppins works in the Urth Box packing room.

Here's what was in it (because the above photo was taken with my phone and doesn't really do it all justice):
  1. i heart keenwah Quinoa Puffs, Herbes de Provence flavoured 
  2. Jackson's Honest Potato Chips, Purple Heirloom Kettle Chips cooked in coconut oil
  3. Inca Corn toasted giant corn in "Chile Picante" flavour
  4. Blue Monkey Coconut Chips
  5. 2 packets of Kickers powdered fruit blends (for topping oatmeal etc) in Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana
  6. Smart Candy (vitamin gummy snacks)
  7. You Love Fruit Mango Coconut Fruit leather
  8. Veggie-Go's TropiKale mango Kiwi and Kale chewy fruit and veggie snacks (like fruit leather)
  9. Tutti Gourmet BanaKrisp fruit snacks in Pistachio Anise flavour
  10. Gorilly Goods "Raw fruit & nut things"
  11. FlyJoy snack bar in Cranberry Almond
  12. MamaChia Chia Squeeze "Vitality Snack" in Blackberry Bliss flavour
  13. Icebox Canadian Spring water (water in a carton! weird!)
So, yeah, not only do I get to go get dirty today...but also, SNACKS!

Happy Thursday!

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment