Monday, November 2, 2015

Monday Happies: Halloween, the Matadors, and another semester

This weekend was pretty awesome. VOMD and I went to London Saturday to spend Halloween with my awesome vegan sister and her awesome vegan friends. One of her friends/roommates is an insanely talented makeup artist and costumer and she painted my face for my costume!





Awesome, right?! It was not surprisingly a great night. After spending some time listening to some music and playing Cards Against Humanity we decided at about 1 o'clock to go to a bar called Call the Office where I learned that I'm actually weirdly good at pinball. Also, there was a live band playing and I said to my sister, "Oh my gosh, I freaking love this song. It's by the Matadors."....guess what; it was the freaking Matadors. Teen me would have been so jealous because I got to meet the guys from the Matadors and get a signed shirt! 

Sunday was a lazy day to kick off World Vegan Month. It started with vegan brunch at Globally Local in London, and ended with coconut caramels, the Addams Family, and Moshi Mochi (please buy these and put them in your face right now! Mochi filled with coconut milk iced cream) at home, cuddling on the couch with VOMD and one of my favourite kitties. 

Today I have a bit of a cold that I am hoping desperately goes not get much worse, but it is still a good day because I am feeling reassured about my decision to take an extra semester to finish my thesis (I mean, most people take the full two years, so I will still be done 3 months ahead of schedule). 

Happy Monday!

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment