Wednesday, September 9, 2015

New Apartment!

So, VOMD and I have moved into the apartment above our old one. It is a LOT smaller, but oddly enough my office will now be bigger, and house all of my books, and the bunny, and my desk comfortably. I'm pretty pleased.

The place is a little bit insane right now, because we decided (using really poor reasoning skills) to paint before we unpacked...and then took days to paint. Nonetheless, the living room is now painted, as is my office and the bathroom. Now only our bedroom and the kitchen are left. VOMD has decided to save the kitchen for his winter project (he won't be working very much in the off season, because he is a landscaper).

The apartment has a TON of charm and awkward storage space and I am excited to show you once it is finished being unpacked and set up.

As an added bonus, the rent is $250 a month cheaper than our other apartment. Yay!

The day we moved in was very stressful, because it was insanely hot here and you know, heat rises. I ended up getting really bad heat stroke - vomit city. I also developed a really bad heat rash (miliaria profunda) on my face, my inner arms and behind my ears. Ouchies... and itchies.

Its almost all cleared up now (except the little bit of acne that popped up in response to it).

The day after we moved in my computer crashed. Thank you universe! So, we had to spend a lot of money we don't really have to get me a new one so that I can actually write my thesis. After my thesis being lost, I began saving my info in about five different places so that I didn't lose it again, so at least my computer kicking the bucket didn't destroy my last shred of sanity.

Regardless, I have decided that I am going to push forward in spite of the universe and finish my thesis before December 1st.

Anyways,

Happy Wednesday (Evening)!

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment